Lycan At War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official forums of the Lunar Empire!

Return to Main WebsiteHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:59 pm

I was born the 25th of December in the year of Our Lord 1203 A.D. The second child of the Duke and Duchess of Cromwell and the only daughter. Four sons, all of whom never made it to adulthood, lay in the family graveyard. My mother also lay with them having succumbed to child birth with the last born son. My father Sir Roderick Andrew Cromwell threw himself into the Vampire Wars with the passing of my mother leaving me at court to be raised among the nobles and taught the refinement due my station in life. I was sole heir to the legacy of Cromwell Manor, and as such would be courted by the highest nobility of the World.

I am Baroness Acacia Abrianna Cromwell Basille, I am a Werewolf and this is my story…

Last edited by TheLadyAcacia on Fri May 22, 2009 7:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:07 pm

My earliest memories are of a gloomy manor, the servants always seemed to be rushing to help my mother, who seemed to be always with child and absconded in her chambers, with no time for a small and pale looking daughter, whom for some unexplainable will of god had survived when the male children were born sickly and died shortly after birth. I remember always being shooed away from her chambers, when my father would stride in scoop me up on his shoulder and take me to see her.

I looked every bit my mother’s daughter, dark auburn hair always in a riot of curls, milky white skin that took no color from the sun, yet I had my father’s eyes, a bright crystal blue, with a gaze that would mesmerize anyone who stared at me over long. The servants whispered about an unholy pact and being cursed. I was much too young at the time to understand their words, but I somehow knew that it bode ill for me if it continued. The year after my birth the Roman Catholic Church had sanctioned The Inquisition, and the rumors were beginning to surface of unspeakable tortures and burnings at the stake of witches and heretics. However the inquisition would be a long time coming to British shores.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:05 am

There is little more I remember about my early childhood. I remember my mother passing when I was12 years old, and the servants packing everything as we made ready to travel to our London estate, my father no longer had time for me, as now the sight of me reminded him of all the souls that lay resting in the family graveyard. Instructions were left with my governess to finish packing my things and head posthaste to London with the guard. He’d have nothing harm me on that pearliest journey. The first Vampire rising had begun and the local lore of Werewolves made the countryside a dangerous place to travel through. My father left without guard only his valet went with him, looking back now, I’m sure he was hoping to be attacked and killed. It was not Gods will that Sir Edward should perish on that trip to London.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:02 am

However those who traveled with me for my protection were not so lucky. With an entire household traveling for three days to London, we were quite noticeable. Our first night was uneventful, there was an inn called the Red Lantern at which we took lodging, the men of our traveling party stayed in the stable with the horses, except for Sir Oliver Drake, he stayed in the common room for my protection. My governess, Miss Winters and I shared the best room the inn had to offer, and the other women in our party shared two other rooms. I remember hearing Miss Winters telling Sir Oliver that she would sleep better knowing he was on guard downstairs. Sir Oliver was a second son of Baron Otto Aster Drake and as such never to own land unless through deed of marriage approved by the King. He was a knight in service to my father and had sworn to protect me with his life.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:07 pm

After a hot meal we all retired to our rooms and made ready for bed. Then in the distance came the howl of several wolves, Miss Winters looked at the window with wide eyes, I could tell the howls had upset her but she made light of it as she tucked me in. Miss Winters had been my governess for about 5 years and was but a few years younger than my mother. She was very pleasing to the eye, with dark brown hair and dark sultry eye. Her skin was of an olive tone suggesting she could have Mediterranean influences in her background, but with a sir name of Winters, she was also very much British. She didn’t talk much of her past or where she had come from, I’d find out about that on this trip. The night passed without incident and after a quiet breakfast, we departed the Red Lantern.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Travel the second day was slow, our little caravan was plagued with bad luck as if we were cursed, the day was overcast and the wood seemed to encroach on the road, there were few areas of open field along this desolate area. The Guard rode close to my carriage as if guarding Royalty, Sir Oliver was at the lead and his squire Andrew Gowen carried the family colors for all to see who we were when we passed, we passed few people and even fewer dwellings that day.

A little on Andrew, not really a proper squire, as he was not the first son of a noble family, thus would only be knighted if he distinguished himself on the field of battle. Sir Oliver had found him during one of the many Vampire uprisings in the years leading up to the first war. He'd come riding into the courtyard at Cromwell Manor with this skinny lad of maybe 6 years old when I was but 7 years old myself. My father took pity and made him a stable lad, but he followed Sir Oliver everywhere. Watching how he idolized the knight and the latter always stumbling over Andrew and never getting mad, my father suggested "Why not take the boy under your tutelage and make him your squire?" Looking at my father as if her were not in his right mind. "What? He's but a pup, he can barely lift the fork to clean a stalls!" Then casting a glance in Andrew's direction he mumbled, "Maybe I can keep him out from under foot if I do this thing. I'll have to think this through." Satisfied the seed had been planted my father turned and with a chuckle, "You could do worse, I could set you to teaching Acacia to wield the sword!" With a wry smile Sir Oliver retorted, "Ahh... but that would be a delight, I'll teach them both!" My father wheeled in disbelief of hearing Sir Oliver, "What say you, teach the girl with the lad?" with a nod Sir Oliver smirked, "That I will and you cannot do a thing to prevent it, for the lass follows me as much as the lad. Do you not want her to be able to defend herself from the roughs at court?" With a weary sigh my father turned and headed to the Manor and over his shoulder retorted, "Very well I know I could not prevent this, just remember she goes to court as a Lady, not a squire!" And with that my father was satisfied he had gained what he had intended, my education with weaponry.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:49 pm

We found a small clearing just past a small stream we had crossed at midday and stopped to rest the horses and partake of the midday meal. I was allowed out of my carriage to stretch and take care of personal needs. Even at only 12 years of age I was tall and willowy. My training with Sir Oliver had progressed well, and keeping in mind my father's warning about going to court as a lady, I was taught the finer art of knives and daggers, even now I carried a Kalima concealed within the folds of my skirt. Even though he had taught me himself, Sir Oliver still followed close and stood watch over me. It would not do to have my father return to London and I not be there.

I returned to the clearing and the meal though simple was ready for us, cheese dried fruit, some dried venison and a flagon of wine. I detested the wine, it tasted coppery and I noticed only Sir Oliver relished the taste, when he seen I had a cup of the wine his face turned red and he seemed to snarl at one of the maids, "What have you given the child? Do you want to be left behind to those wretched vampires?" The maid began shaking and fled from him, he approached me with a purpose and his face seemed to calm as he said "My dearest Acacia, the wine is not to your liking?" as I shook my head, "It has an off taste Sir Oliver, I believe it has gone bad" I started to pour it on the ground but Sir Oliver snatched if from my hand, "It's a wine from my fathers vineyard, I'm afraid it's not meant for such a delicate pallet as yours my lady." and with one gulp finished the cup. With a bow "I'll fetch you some claret from the supply cart, I'm sure it will be much more to your liking."
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:09 pm

The midday meal was closing and the horses had been fed watered and once again hitched to the carts and my carriage. Sir Oliver and Andrew were once again at the head of our little procession.

We had traveled for maybe 3 hours, the Kings Road was tedious in the never changing view of verdant woods that seemed to canopy the road letting little sunlight through. Suddenly my carriage lurched and then fall to the ground. I was thrown to the floor of the carriage hitting my head on the door latch, everything went black.

When I awoke it was night, I could not understand where I was, as my eyes adjusted to the dim light coming from the window of my carriage I could see Miss Winters sitting next to me holding my hand. Her eyes reflected a blazing fire. "My Lady are you awake?" I shook my head slightly and I could feel the pain to my right temple, "What happened? I remember the carriage lurching and falling, then darkness." "One of the wheels broke." She looked outside the carriage and seemed to shiver. "How long did I sleep? Where are we then? Why am I still in here?" Miss Winters turned to me, she seemed cold and her eyes looked haunted, "You have been asleep for a very long time, 'tis early morning. We are in a small clearing on the Kings Road. Sir Oliver is just outside the coach, you cannot go outside until the sun rises, it is not safe for you here.." "What has happened out there?" I tried to rise to look out the small window, I caught the smell of blood, then a pain like none I'd ever felt before hit my brain, everything went dark.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:39 pm

I felt as if disconnected from my body and at first could not grasp what was happening. I stood at the edge of the clearing, watching the carriage driver and one of the stable lads trying to fix the carriage wheel. I felt a cold breeze pass me, and then I heard the cries of horror. A coven of Vampires had descended upon our little band of travelers. I watched horrified as Sir Oliver grab my governess and shoved her into the carriage, shouting orders not to open the door for anyone or thing. He seemed to be growing. He shouted to Andrew to stay close to the carriage, and to protect it with his life. Was Andrew also growing? Hours seemed as moments, in this dream Sir Oliver and Andrew both seemed to take on giant proportions, and wolf like appearance. The slaughter was complete. Darkness prevailed.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Sir Oliver's spoke to Miss Winters, "So the sight has finally come to her?" she looked up at the knight, "I fear so, I'd hoped it would hold off a bit longer, but the witch was right! It has come to her much younger than her mother." With little surprise Sir Oliver thought aloud, "So this is why we were attached this night. The Vampire Counsel knows of her, and want to use her sight for their advantage, she must be guarded at all cost!"

Miss Winters smiled, but the smile did not reach her eyes. "My tribe has watched over this line for centuries, do you really think we would let any harm befall the Seer?" "Ever since the beginning of the tribe Katan Na Oishii, leader of all the gypsy tribes, we have watched over the Seer!" Her eyes flashed at the knight, "From birth I have trained to protect this child." Sir Oliver smirked, "Then you also know that there is great danger for her at court?" His eyes blazed at the gypsy. "Her father is a fool! His brother has been turned by the Vampires and he seeks to turn Acacia once she reaches the 21st year of her birth! She will gain her full powers that night." Miss Winters stated calmly, "She will wed the year before, and on her wedding bed will come into her full powers. It has been arranged." Sir Oliver snorted and as if smelling something distasteful said, "You are even more manipulative than the grotto witches! I don't trust you any more than I would trust one of them to protect her!" Miss Winters seemed to hiss, "And you my furry friend have a debut to pay to the tribe, least you forget you are bound to me." With blazing eyes Sir Oliver gritted out between clinched teeth, "I have not forgotten, yet I will forfeit my life and take you to hell with me to protect this child from your manipulations!"
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:40 pm

I screamed at the pain and nightmare of this dream I had or was it a dream? It felt so real, but there is no way Sir Oliver and Andrew could be werewolves. Didn't they live in filthy caves and stink of death and decay? I hit my head pretty hard, that must have been what caused all this.

As I opened my eyes, tears of pain and horror spilled from them, Miss Winters had my head in her lap lightly wiping it with a cold cloth. I could see Andrew looking in from the right side of the carriage, "How do you feel My Lady?" I attempted a smile for him, "Acacia, you know you can call me by my name." His face lit up like a bright candle, "Yes! Acacia I was so worried for you!" The words were barely out of his mouth when he seemed to yelp and fall out of my view, "You have been told of this before, I catch you one more time addressing your mistress as anything other than MY LADY! You will feel more than my backhand!" Although he said it sternly Sir Oliver had affection in his eyes for his squire Andrew. Andrew drew himself up squarely and with a deep tenor replied. "Forgive me my Lord, I will not be remiss on this matter again." Then he turned and winked at me, and left to tend other matters.

Sir Oliver seemed to fill the window as he looked in, "What has brought these tears? Are you hurt somewhere?" I looked up to see the concern in his eyes, Sir Oliver was my teacher and protector, how did I ask him if her were a monster also? "I had a nightmare, I seen you become a werewolf and fight the Vampires!" the tears were now unstoppable, "And also Andrew! Yet it feels so real!" Sir Oliver opened the carriage door and reached in to take my hand, "My Dearest Lady Acacia, I am many things in this world, the one thing you must always remember is that will give my life to protect yours." I looked into his eyes and there saw he spoke the truth, they were filled with a light of devotion like I'd never seen before.

Miss Winters seemed to be singing to me and I felt the warmth of her love and protection. She gave me a couple sips of claret and I drift back to darkness.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:27 pm

I don't remember the rest of the trip, whenever I would awake Miss Winters would give me a cup of claret to wet my parched throat and I would drift back to darkness. The opiate she had added did its job well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miss Winters, how she hated being called that! Her name was Mara Korotkov, she was the daughter of Armand Korotkov, leader of Katan Na Oishii and King of all the Gypsy Tribes, and protector of the Seer! As far back as she could remember she was taught about the young woman who would become The Seer, an Oracle destine to turn the tides of war, unite and bring peace to the cursed land. The legend told of a female child who would have the sight, that she would reunite the four tribes and bring them back into ruling power.

The pacts were made and contracts signed, Sir Roderick had made his deals with the Gypsies to insure the success of his holdings. In exchange for his wealth and titles, when the time came Mara would join his household as Governess to his children. Little did Sir Roderick know he had signed the death warrant to all but one child, for no male heirs would survive long after birth.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:56 pm

When I again awoke, I was in my own bed at the townhouse, we had arrived in London two days earlier. My father sat by my bed petting my hand and mumbling a prayer, Miss Winters stood on the other side of my bed looking worried and at the foot of my bed stood the knight Sir Oliver, no emotion showed on his face.

"Father?" Sir Roderick jumped at my whisper though no one else reacted. "Did you speak child?" Miss Winters hurried around to the side my father was on, she brushed the hair from my face, looking intently into my eyes, "Acacia? You are awake? We have been so worried for you." I turned to look at her and my father, I could see the concern on their faces.

I heard Sir Oliver clear his throat. "if I may my lord, now that Mistress Cromwell is awake, I will take the men to the garrison and allow them a day of liberty. It has been a grueling week and they deserve the rest." My father stood and clasped the knight's shoulder, "I owe you so much my dear friend, by all means rest the men and please give them extra gold and Meade from my private stock, It is the least I can do for the risk they have taken in getting my daughter here." The knight clasped my father's shoulder, "I considered it an honor, not a duty and I know the rest of the guard are of the same mind. We would die to protect Lady Acacia!" Sir Oliver stared at my father, with a lowered voice, "She has a destiny to fulfill, we will protect her at all cost!" My father nodded and turned back to my bed.

"I will see you on the marrow Miss Winters, we have much to discuss."

He then turned to me, I could see the ever so slight grin, he winked at me and said, "Andrew will be pleased that you are now awake, the pup has paced a rut in the courtyard. I'll allow him to see you whence we return. Rest well my little lady." And he departed the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning   The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lady Acacia ~ The Beginning
Page 1 of 1