Lycan At War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official forums of the Lunar Empire!

Return to Main WebsiteHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduction to Vanity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanity
Omega
Vanity

Introduction to Vanity Empty
PostSubject: Introduction to Vanity   Introduction to Vanity I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Long ago, yet closer now than it may seem, was my fall from mankind. Some say it was my own folly; I say it was the old man's fault. But never the less, I am here- senses acute, claws and fangs bared.

How did this happen, you may ask? I will be happy to tell my tale. As I mentioned, it was the old man's fault. He had an evil eye which was pale blue with a film over it. Now, I loved the old man for he had never wronged me nor was it his gold I was after. It was his eye that cause me incessant trouble. In one look from this eye, my blood would run cold, like he could see right through me.

I am not sure when the plan to rid myself of the old man and his eye began, but once the seed was planted, the inconceivable notion grew and took a life upon itself. It was all I could think about day and night- how to rid myself of this old man and his evil eye forever?

For many nights, I would grab my lantern and spy upon the old man in his apartment. Once asleep, I would carefully open his door a little and shine a single ray of light from my lantern onto the man's eye as he slept. For many nights did I do this, and for many nights I watched as the old man slept.

Finally, the time came to rid myself of the old man and his eye forever, so I grabbed my lantern and headed towards the old man's apartment like I have done many nights before. The night was still and quiet, which should have been a warning, but a warning, nevertheless, I would not heed. My plan was quite clear- to rid myself of the old man and his eye forever. Nothing was going to stop me, for it was all I could think about to keep from going mad, and I had come too far.

Slowly and stealthily, I opened the door. Even more quiet did I lift my lantern to shine a single ray of light on the evil eye, like I have done many times before. But tonight of all nights was the wrong night to try to rid myself of the old man and his eye.

For what I found was not the old man sleeping in his bed, but a beast of legend staring back at me- yellow eyes staring at me with a fanged grin and saliva dripping from his jaws, he began to howl at the moon. Within seconds, he attacked me for my intrusion.

Now, I am forever cursed, forever a werewolf.

(Adapted from Edgar A. Poes' "The Tell-Tale Heart")

=========================================

Not much to tell about myself. I am 27 years old with a Master's Degree in Business Administration. I am still an administrative assistant to two great doctors and love the work I have to do (not very often do you here people who actually love their work). Heck, it's probably not so much the work as it is the people I work with. Anyway, I have a 7 year old son who keeps me on my toes along with 2 dogs and 3 cats. My favorite past-times are reading (E.A.Poe, Neil Gaiman, Anne Rice, H.P. Lovecraft, etc.), listening to music (Slipknot, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Korn, etc.), and collecting dragons (figurines, pictures, tattoos - 4 of them, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://hvymtlchik81.livejournal.com
Gloomfang
Son of Azathoth
Gloomfang

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Vanity   Introduction to Vanity I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:53 pm

IC: As the stranger presents herself before the Granite Throne in the great hall of Tower Crag, Gloomfang's piercing red eyes stab forth like unhallowed lances of hell-light. As his clawed hand enfolds that of his dark consort, the Lady Acacia, the monstous master of Lycan at War rumbles his approval. "She is a worthy ally and a mistress of lore, my dark lady. A fitting chronicler of our ultimate conquest."

Then to his enforcer, Shargrailar, knight of the Red Wyrm, "Order that this she-wolf's homage be honored with the gift of a slave's flesh. Tower Crag shall shelter her this night. May her hunger be satiated among the bones of the war pits!"

===============

OOC: Great to see you here, Vanity! I hope this marks the beginning of a long string of contributions from you. Any fan of Poe's and Lovecraft's is a friend of mine! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://lycanatwar.sqweebs.com/
Vanity
Omega
Vanity

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Vanity   Introduction to Vanity I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Vanity bows to the Master and Lady of Tower Crag, and as she rises, she says, "Thank you Master Gloomfang and Lada Acacia for your generosity and heartfelt welcome."

===========================

I will be happy to contribute in any way that I can.
Back to top Go down
http://hvymtlchik81.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Vanity   Introduction to Vanity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction to Vanity
Page 1 of 1