Lycan At War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official forums of the Lunar Empire!

Return to Main WebsiteHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloomfang
Son of Azathoth
Gloomfang

ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Greetings to all!

ChaoticGemini was kind enough to clue me in on some very important changes coming to Bite Fight in the next 8 weeks. The most significant of these changes will directly affect how we handle clan wars.

When the changes are in place, there will be a 5-day waiting period between clan membership changes. What this means is that you will no longer be able to change clans at will: once you have joined any clan, you must wait 5 days before joining another.

I know that some of our associate players have a policy of alternating between their favorite clans once a week; that practice will still be okay. However, no more instant switching between clans whenever war is declared!

This will mean more tightly knit clans, more carefully planned wars, and possibly other consequences as well. TheLadyAcacia and I would like your input and opinions as to how L.A.W., C.L.A.W., and our allies should handle clan membership and battle strategies going forward.

To view the complete rules changes, you can find them on the official Bite Fight message boards at the following link:

http://board.bite-fight.us/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=20283&highlight=

We value your opinions. Here's looking forward to some productive discussions!

- Gloomfang, L.A.W. clan master
Back to top Go down
http://lycanatwar.sqweebs.com/
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:49 pm

I've read the post... this will indeed change how we declare war... I would suggest mmbers pick clans they would stay with on a permante basis...

I also see that for clan castles level 3 and above there will need to be 4 members minimum... Wars are going to become much more difficult to come by... I think some loosing clans have been complaining to the GO about this... I feel some of my fun has been taken away... Sad

Gloomfang dear... is there a date that this upgrade will take effect?
Back to top Go down
Gloomfang
Son of Azathoth
Gloomfang

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Currently, there is no specific date. At this time the BF admins are only saying that it will "take up to 8 weeks before it will be there."

Presumably this means that the implementation date is somewhat fluid and may be sooner than 8 weeks from today (the original announcement itself was posted today at approximately 12:30 Eastern Time).

I agree that probably the most immediate and common consequence of this change will be that clans will have more of a fixed membership roster. This may make clan adinistration a bit easier. I know that a lot of players may object to this, but I'm comforted by the fact that all clans, vampire and werewolf alike, are in the same boat. At the very least it may help control some of the radical raiding that goes on out there.
Back to top Go down
LordInfamous
Master of the Rage
LordInfamous

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:57 pm

I don't like it. Period. For me, it was worth 4500 gold just to form a clan, get some of your buddys together, and have a war. It takes alot of the fun out of it. I have no idea why they did this, but at least we should have some time to prepare strategy...
Back to top Go down
Gloomfang
Son of Azathoth
Gloomfang

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Well, the official reason is to reduce abuses of the system. But I can understand why anyone would be upset; changes like this are pretty sweeping.

And as you say, preparation would definitely be key. Wars will probably no longer occur on impulse, or at least impulsive conflicts will probably drop sharply.

The one thing that I keep wondering about is clan consolidation. Will we be seeing a lot of clan mergers as a result of this? I think it might at least be likely as existing clans will want to play it safe and consolidate their defenses. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
TheLadyAcacia
Oracle of Shub-Niggurath
TheLadyAcacia

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:31 pm

My question to you my lord is would it be benificial for our 2 clans to merge? I'm of a thought to think not at the beginning... but eventually we may consider it...

Yout thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Gloomfang
Son of Azathoth
Gloomfang

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:45 pm

TheLadyAcacia wrote:
My question to you my lord is would it be benificial for our 2 clans to merge? I'm of a thought to think not at the beginning... but eventually we may consider it...

Yout thoughts?

It might be worth considering in the long term, milady; I would like to examine how things begin to work out over time.

I like the idea of a training clan to separate dedicated players from the merely interested ones, but we can certainly explore the alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Gloomfang
Son of Azathoth
Gloomfang

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Another update from Gemini: BF has changes their original post. Clan creation and membership transfers now will have a 3 day cooldown period instead of a 5 day one. Slightly better news, I admit. Any additional comments?
Back to top Go down
the-licanmichael
Omega
the-licanmichael

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 pm

master i khow im new to the forum bot any time any of your clan need help and if u think my lord i can help ill be ready to join if u have any position availebol for the war
Back to top Go down
Gloomfang
Son of Azathoth
Gloomfang

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Thanks, Licanmichael! Always nice to have friends to call on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!   ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT - Bite Fight War Rules Changing!
Page 1 of 1